Year 4 - Kinney
'Dear Parent. There has been a positive COVID-19 confirmed case within your child’s class Y4 Kinney. Y4 Kinney class has closed for those children and staff in this class who have been identified as a direct contact and who will need to self-isolate. Please do not send your child to school if you have been contacted directly by school. All parents with a child in Y4 Kinney, who has been identified as a direct contact, have been contacted and informed. Other family members within the household do not need to self-isolate UNLESS anybody in your household displays symptoms or has a positive test result. You may go to be tested at any time in our local area WITH or WITHOUT SYMPTOMS. All home learning information will be available on your child’s website class page on Monday 5th July at 8.30 am. We will keep you updated. Thank you for your support and understanding. Mrs Isherwood. Headteacher.'.
Ashton Cain as he continues to work like a superstar every day. He is such a wonderful role model!
The Headteacher's award goes to Samuel Plane for always aspiring to perform brilliantly in everything he does, especially in his assessments this week!
This week we will move back to our online learning. Please log onto Teams to view a timetable for the week and your assignments which have been set for you today. All Maths work has been set on the MyMaths website so please view and complete your work on there. Our class email will be up and running this week so if you have any problems please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck and please remember that I, Mr Cathcart and Mrs Butterworth are all here to support you if you need any help at all.
Our Learning this week
This week we have looked at various folktales. We focused in particular on 'The Bird King'. Once we had studied this folktale for sometime we then had a go at writing our own folktales in the same style. We focused on suing complex sentences with adverb starters and also making sure we include all the punctuation required when using speech in our writing. The children created some wonderful pieces of writing that they should be very proud of!
- Swimming on a Tuesday - Swimming kit required.
- P.E. on Wednesday - PE kits required.
- MyMaths homework is set on a Monday and must be completed before the following Monday morning. https://www.mymaths.co.uk/
- Timetables should be practised each week using Timetable Rockstars. https://ttrockstars.com/ . Please also use the following link to practice for the Year 4 times table tests which we will be completing at the end of the year: https://www.themathsfactor.com/times-tables-check/#/menu
- Reading books and reading records should be returned to school on a Friday. Extra reading resources can be found at https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/login?active-tab=students