Year 4 - Palmer
Welcome to Palmer's class page!
Our Teacher is Miss Roberts and our Teaching Assistant is Miss Bruty.
- We have P.E. every Tuesday and Wednesday - PE kits need to come to school on a Tuesday and be taken home again on a Wednesday.
- Mymaths homework is set every week and needs to be completed before the following Monday morning.
- Children are expected to practice their time tables on TTRockstars - this is an important focus in Year 4. Please also use the following link to practice for the Year 4 times table tests we will be completing at the end of the year: https://www.themathsfactor.com/times-tables-check/#/menu
- Reading books and signed reading records need to be returned to school every Friday.
- For extra reading resources, please login to the Oxford owl website using our class login.
- Please get in touch if you have any questions or for forgotten login details!
Spellings for Monday 19th April
Red group: who, what, where, why, when, because, which, witch,
Blue group: ache, anchor, chaos, character, echo, school, chorus, mechanic, stomach, orchestra.
Purple group: antique, catalogue, cheque, grotesque, tongue, unique, fatigue, dialogue, league, colleague.
A huge well done to the whole class as we won the daily mile challenge this week!
Congratulations to our badge winners this week:
Evie.S: Our star writer this week! Evie has been practicing her handwriting to aim towards a pen license as well as checking her own work to make sure it makes sense.
Maddison: Our Maths star this week! Maddison has been listening well both in class and in group work and this is showing in her confidence level in maths.
Samantha: For being engaged in lessons.
Junior: For producing some detailed work this week.
Congratulations to Brooke who won the 'Respect' award this week for being a shining example of how to be respectful. Brooke is respectful towards staff and other members of her class by always using her manners and never talking over others. She always keeps her table tidy and helps others with a smile on her face.
Our raffle will be drawn on Monday.
A week in Palmer
English - In our English lessons we have continued reading 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe'. We have written a letter in the role of Edmund and we have begun look at ideas for our own story by chunking the plot.
Maths - In Maths, we have been learning about money. We have solved problems using coins in our lessons as well as learning how to add, subtract and estimate amounts of money.
Science - We have started looking at states of matter in Science by completing an experiment involving currants and lemonade. We made a prediction, observed what happened, and discussed the properties of solids, liquids and gases.
Geography - We started our topic of rivers by learning what happens in the water cycle.
P.E. - We have been doing dance in P.E.
PSHE - Lots of discussion has been had about the importance of communication in order to maintain positive relationships.
R.E - We are learning about the 5 pillars of Islam and how they affect the every day life of a Muslim. We are also relating this to our own beliefs and values.