Year 4 - Palmer
Classes and Staffing for September 2021
Dear Parent. There has been a positive COVID-19 confirmed case at Lowerhouse Junior School. YOUR CHILD’S CLASS IS NOT AFFECTED. Your child should continue to attend school as normal. Your child will have had no contact at school with the positive test case. School has been cleaned. Thank you for your support and understanding. Mrs Isherwood. Headteacher.
Welcome to Palmer's class page!
Our Teacher is Miss Roberts and our Teaching Assistant is Miss Bruty.
- We have P.E. every Tuesday and Wednesday - PE kits need to come to school on a Tuesday and be taken home again on a Wednesday.
- Mymaths homework is set every week and needs to be completed before the following Monday morning.
- Children are expected to practice their time tables on TTRockstars - this is an important focus in Year 4. Please also use the following link to practice for the Year 4 times table tests we will be completing at the end of the year: https://www.themathsfactor.com/times-tables-check/#/menu
- Reading books and signed reading records need to be returned to school every Friday.
- For extra reading resources, please login to the Oxford owl website using our class login.
- Please get in touch if you have any questions or for forgotten login details!
Our Star of the week is Ava!
Ava has expressed herself more this week both in terms of expression in her voice and expressing her opinions!
The Head Teacher’s award this week is for ‘aspiration’ and it has been awarded to Hollie!
Hollie has had to work from home recently but she has put so much effort in and come back into school like she has never been away. She has been working hard towards her pen license and while she isn’t quite there yet, she continues to aspire to achieve it.
A week in Palmer
Our last half term in Year 4 is complete! The children have worked exceptionally hard through a difficult year and we are very proud of all of them.
We had a mini sports day on Monday as our reward for winning the daily mile for the half term a well as joining a disco ran by Mr Fallows (photos and videos below). The children have been fantastic doing jobs around the classroom to help us prepare for the end of the year and we hope they have enjoyed their last couple of days.
Have a lovely Summer!