PE and Sport Premium
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Our sports grant will be used in the following ways:
- To access the Burnley Sports Partnership which offers cluster meetings which update staff knowledge and skills, access to an excellent sports competition calendar across a wide range of sports, age ranges and including inclusion competitions, a pool of coaches including Netball, Rugby, Cricket, Gymnastics, Multiskills, OAA and Rounders, and access to a range of sports resources.
- To increase the opportunities for pupils to be Active during each day by introducing 'Mile a Day'.
- For training to update staff to ensure high standards of teaching in a range of sports plus initiatives such as 'Mile a Day'.
- To increase the range of sports children are involved in and utilise the facilities of local clubs so that children can develop these skills further out of school should they discover a passion for a particular sport.
Children from Lowerhouse attend different competitions/events run by the Sports Partnership throughout the year. Members of staff will be taking part in different training days/courses. A range of coaches from the partnership will be delivering in school during the year including Netball, Rugby, Cricket, Gymnastics, Multi-skills, OAA and Rounders.
- For swimming sessions for pupils to ensure they reach the expected standard of being able to swim 25 metres by the end of KS2.
We have provided a wide range of extra-curricular sporting activities to engage all pupils. Participation rates in extra-curricular activities have increased dramatically.